Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAC and L Theanine Stack + Coffee
(08-06-2019, 07:42 PM)AlphaBanana Wrote: Fallon believe it or not: if you are on Keto you gonna see some decrease power when you are riding your bike. Just look at the best bike riders, those people riding up mountains at Le Tour de France. Ask them: they will all say the same thing: they load up on CARBS.

I also have a road bike, if I am not loaded , especially on a hot day in Thailand, I am gonna be fucked up while I ride up mountains with 5-15% elevation

Definitely. I would never do keto if I was endurance training. It's day 3 and I can feel it in my overall power output especially uphills. Overall I'm cutting back on the longer rides as I've found faster paced endurance rides really jack my anxiety way up. Probably elevated levels of cortisol for long periods of time. You also look at a lot of these endurance trainers and they don't look healthy, Chris Froome for example and many of the other pro cyclists/marathon runners. As much as I enjoyed pushing the limits I had to cut back. I was also losing more weight than I wanted and had to constantly eat, I was down to 140 lbs at one point. At 5'11 I feel better around 150. 

I have no doubt that sugar/carbs are the best for performance training but I found carbs, especially certain carbs like grains, breads, and pasta really slow the brain down. After a keto meal I'm still slightly hungry but I don't feel like crashing on the couch afterwards like I usually do after high carb.

I watch a guy named Durian Rider on YouTube who is all about carbs and cycling. I agree with him that sugar and carbs don't make you fat but you have to be burning them constantly. If an average sedentary person ate high carb high sugar a lot of the calories would be converted to fat unless they exercised. I think a lot of health problems like Diabetes and brain problems come from combining a ton of carbs/fat together and then basically sitting around all day.

I cannot say I will do the keto forever but I'm probably going to keep it up for the next couple weeks or so.

Messages In This Thread
NAC and L Theanine Stack + Coffee - by Fallon - 08-03-2019, 10:15 PM
RE: NAC and L Theanine Stack + Coffee - by Fallon - 08-05-2019, 02:09 AM
RE: NAC and L Theanine Stack + Coffee - by Fallon - 08-06-2019, 10:50 PM