Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Gaba/Glutamine Harmony
Hey People,

Hoping somebody with more knowledge/experience can help save my brain from exploding!

I have been trying to heal my gut using the GAPS diet protocol and ended up causing more issues with something called sibo which was a living nightmare to deal with for 4 years, it was the extreme end of stress.

After I fixed the sibo I ended up bouncing through various nutritional deficiencies and getting poisoned with mercury from a filling I had out, which has been detoxed and cleaned up now. But somewhere along the line, stress from everything thats been going on has upset my gaba/glutamine response/cycle/uptake(?). (something like this- https://www.intechopen.com/books/anxiety...BKe-_wHyC4 )

Every time I have a bowl of soup the bone broth thats high in glutamine triggers an excitatory repsonse (glutamine is what helps to heal the gut). It has got better after the detox but its still not right!

So my question is, would something like Fasoracetam be good for upregulating my gaba receptors and get them working properly? Or, I currently self medicate with marijuana, I am in a much better place than I was a few months a go, if I knock the smoke on the head, exercise lots, eat clean, would that be enough to get things working properly?

If anybody is interested in the gut bacteria side of things for mental health I have a ton of experience with this and would be happy to do a thread on the subject if anybodies interested?

Thx in advance, Rob

Messages In This Thread
Creating Gaba/Glutamine Harmony - by robenergy - 01-31-2021, 01:34 AM
RE: Creating Gaba/Glutamine Harmony - by Liquid02 - 01-31-2021, 02:08 AM
RE: Creating Gaba/Glutamine Harmony - by Liquid02 - 01-31-2021, 03:09 AM
RE: Creating Gaba/Glutamine Harmony - by Mags - 01-31-2021, 07:03 AM