Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMAD and nootropics....
Smile 
Hey Folks

OMAD = One Meal A Day

Does anyone do OMAD/Fasting?

I have been doing OMAD for around 3 month now. I use to do the classic 16/8 fast. That was back when i was getting myself fairly lean.

Over a period of time i noticed my body adjusted to fasting very well. I would then push a fast for 24+ hours. Very very easily.... The reason was that i noticed that i had the best mental clarity when i am in a fasted state. It was almost like a weak modafinil effect...... For free! 

I have ALWAYS had an insane appetite but.... My appetite only triggers when i ingest food. When i am in a fasted state i have zero hunger. I eat one small meal and as soon as my blood sugar spikes i can only focus on eating more and more. When i am fasted and have stable blood glucose i feel like i have a load of energy and the mental clarity is awesome. 

I need to intake 3000+ calories a day to maintain my weight so i have to plan that one meal to make sure it's very calorie dense. I seem to have a pit of a stomach so i can pull it off.

My partner goes crazy though lol hates the idea of it all and thinks it very unhealthy. 

I think Fallon in a recent video explained he likes to fast also? Makes your Nootropics kick in faster as well (Empty Stomach)

I weight train and so far still seem to be holding onto my muscle mass. Thought one meal won't sustain my physique but.... So far no issues.

Anyone else into fasting and also use nootropics?

If you haven't ever tried it. It's very effective. Start slow though and work your way up. Don't believe when people say... Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Myth.
Used to fast all the time I called it being poor haha. Been thinking about trying it but I also lift weights and dont know how it effects maintaining muscle. I read in a fasted state you dont lose a lot of muscle because of increased HGH production. Could be worth trying plus a lot of Nootropics work better on an empty stomach anyways.
Yes I'm a big fan of fasting and plan on doing a 48 hour fast soon. Probably start on Thursday and break the fast on Saturday at a dinner thing I'm going to. Personally I like being lean and not too concerned about losing muscle or weight, but I do wonder how fasting effects weight lifters who want to maintain a certain muscle mass. I know it's common in professional body building and boxing to fast before a fight to make weight and all that
I don't think fasting has a big impact on muscle loss. I'm sure i read a few studies on body composition with fasting and fasting had a slight advantage for keeping body fat levels low while muscle remained.

The biggest benefit for me is the mental clarity. Once i eat a meal i seem to get a huge insulin spike and crash and i just want to lay their. I also seem to trigger my hunger as well which is weird.

Fallon you sound similar to me. I prefer to keep lean also. I speny about a good 3 years lifting weights and eating like crazy so i have gained some mass on my body. I now just train 2-3 times a week to maintain my muscle and just eat nutritional food to keep a balanced lifestyle.