Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE MOTHER OF ALL, PIRACETAM
As my nootropics & companions journey  has just recently begun, experiences are still limited at this point.  I could write up  something about other substances that i got a fair ammount experience with and go in profound details on it, but this is not the time for it. So i decided to throw together a few words on a good old mother of all racetams, Piracetam.

As you might have or will notice in the future, i sometimes tend to go into details on stuff i write and otherwise.  It`s just how i am, most of the time its a good quality in life, in some cases perhaps not such., Like the time when a simple 1-2 day paint job turned into a month, everyone was pissed off at home, forcing me to finish the room already. Well atleast its an awesome room now, with details and features you woud see in some old villas, heh.

PIRACETAM

USAGE AND BENEFITS OF PIRACETAM
* for cognitive enhancement
* for memory improvement
* treating depression
* preventing neurodegenerative decline

Its suggested use is for Alzheimers, dementia, brain injury,vertigo, dyslexia, memory dysfunction ...

Piracetam improves brain function and cognitive abilities so it increases blood flow. It improves brain metabolism and allows our brain to optimaly use oxygen and nutrients.
One study among many was in 1988 and it showed that piracetam increased  number of acetylcholine receptors in the brain. That explains why memory functionality enhancement is a byproduct of this compund.

DOSAGE (adults)
1,200mg - 4,800mg per day

Some report better results splitting dosage and taking it 3 times per day,  while others take entire dosage at once. Probably best to try low dosage as 1000mg or less 1st time, to see if you can handle it withouth any unwanted but rare effects.

SIDE EFFECTS
Piracetam is reported to be generaly safe. But still, there are few unwanted effects for some.

Comomon  side effects include:
*Drowsiness
*Insomnia, hyperactivity, nervouness
*Elevated blood pressure (thats the main downside with me, regular use of curcumim does seem to lower that to some degree, but still pretty high after drinking coffe twice a day & smoking some ciggys along, i know the solution is obvious :p)

update: user reports also show that in some cases it lowers BP. Interesting enough to dig myself in some scientific researches in future.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Effect of Piracetam is subtle but still noticable for me. It has some of that pushing you to go effect, especially along with some caffeine and time can seem to fly sometimes. I mean, i didnt have any crazy expectations to begin with and was plesently surprised. 
There`s a bit of a funny story behind my 1st usage of Piracetam.  On that day i had a job interview scheduled and i didnt know that postman is gona drop by, bringing me Piracetam, so i already took something that you can get withouth prescription to lift me up a bit,  to get rid of that expected nervous felling , i`ll get into what i took some other time, as its a wonderfull mood lifter (btw not long ago taking something would mean me going to a liquor shop, it just calmed me down, even tho i might be at total abstinence before that).
Anyway, theres a bell, theres a postman with the package and 2 hours till job interview. You can imagine what happened, popped open that Piracetam, measured 3000mg (actually planned to take 2000mg, but went with 3g anyway), some milk to disolve it in and down it went. I`ve done my fair share research on Piracetam before that, so i wasnt just blindly doing 3g`s, not knowing what comes next.
So 30 minutes or so in i feel heart pounding stronger, palms sweating as i `m getting ready for that interview. Looking in the mirror i see my eyelid is totaly black, almost unnoticable when my eye was opened, but still there. Puled my eyelid down and wow, like someone had punched me in the eye, also a bit of pressure kinda felling in my head. First i tried to wipe it off as i was painting a table black day back. It wouldnt come off, also obvious its somekind of trauma, so a quick search for unwanted side effects on duckduckgo was a must. And there it was, Angioedema, side effect or alergic reaction that makes your eyes swell shut, also lips, tounge ect. could be affected.
There i was getting ready for a job interview and i was about to look like a baloon. A bit of silent panic as you can imagine. I was putting on ice, eye was a bit swollen by now(ice did that), as i remembered, hit my eye into gas lever on my bike day or 2 back, while i was trying to move it on the other side of the garage withouth turning on the lights.
I know it was way to early, but i like to think that was my 1st memory recall on Piracetam, that was otherwise so unimportant and brief that i have forgoten all about it. Just the evening before i was thinking, damn my eye hurts, my BP must be off the charts for some reason. It sliped my mind completely where that pain originates from. hehe
All ended well tho, drove to the interview, in and out in 10 minutes, got a call later saying you got the job.
And Piracetam never tried to punch my eye since :p

Gonootropics info on Piracetam

Note that information may vary and this is writers view on subject. You should not solely rely on information provided.
Good write up bro. Interesting enough I get low blood pressure from Piracetam. I've tested multiple times and have isolated it down to the Piracetam. Piracetam modulates the Acetylcholine system and indirectly effects blood pressure and the cardiovascular system. I find the mental and anti-depressive benefits too good to quit though. I mix it straight in to the last bit of my coffee and gulp it down.

Coffee chairs
I`m gonna kick up the dose today and split it in two, 2x2500mg or bit less. And take 2nd one few hours later. It might be that my mood booster has something to do with BP. So i`ll do an experiment and take only Piracetam, to se what  happens with BP. It would be amazing if it dropped.

I wanna include Theanine, but its still stuck at customs.

update:
Piracetam on its own, does not lower my BP. It does bump it a bit when effects of it are begining to arise. We`ll see what happens in a month or so, might be to early.