Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
High Sierra Herbals Kratom Vendor Review
[Image: high-Sierra-Herbals-Kratom.jpg]

Lately I've been having a hard time tracking down decent Kratom. Frankly, there are a lot of vendors but knowing who to trust is always a problem. Since Reddit shut down all discussion of sources there isn't a lot to point you in the right direction. 

Usually if I find a Kratom vendor it's because someone I watched on YouTube made a recommendation. I think I was watching a Bret Dallas video where he mentioned High Sierra Herbals. Unfortunately YouTube quickly dished out a strike to his channel and the video was taken down. They had a problem with him linking out to the vendor in the description. Once again, the reason I created these forums was to have a place where the community can discuss whatever the hell we want without fear of repercussions.

I reached out to High Sierra Herbals to secure some samples. Jeff was kind enough to send me a lot of 1oz samples of a variety of different Kratom strains and blends, on the house. Over the next week I tested the product.

[Image: High-Sierra-Herbals-Red-Maeng-Da.jpg]

What I can say is the Kratom is good. The Green Malay in particular is especially strong and energizing. I tested out the greens and whites during the day and tested the Reds at night. Jeff sent me 2 red vein strains (Red Dragon and Red Maeng Da.) I found I responded well to the Red Maeng Da but the Red Dragon was largely ineffective. I've had very good Red Dragon from other sources leading me to believe that the names for the most part are for marketing purposes. Red Dragon you get from one source will not be the same Red Dragon you get from another. Depending on the particular batch the power can range from weak to very strong - it really depends on the batch. 

I did find that the reds were much better for sleep. The greens definitely kept me up at night so in terms of the strain color, there are stark differences.

Common to all the strains is that classic opioid response in the body, the slight euphoria, and the boost in mood making any day just a little easier to get through. I don't have any pain so I use Kratom purely for recreational purposes. High Sierra Herbals delivers these classic responses although I wouldn't rate it as the strongest Kratom I've ever had. For the most part the strains were nice and mellow but effective. 

I kept my dosage at 3 - 4 grams. Strong Kratom will have noticeable effects at this dosage. The weaker the Kratom the more you need to take. I've had Kratom where you need to take 6 grams to feel anything. I was pleased to see this Kratom was effective at the lower doses.

Currently High Sierra Herbals only accepts Echeck and Bitcoin for payment. This will prevent many from ever trying this good product but the nature of the business requires these types of payment systems. I recommend everyone learn Bitcoin, it's becoming the primary method I use to buy Nootropics, especially from Kratom vendors and overseas vendors like Rupharma. 

Overall I can recommend the Kratom over at High Sierra Herbals. In particular, check out the Red Maeng Da and the Green Malay. 

High Sierra Herbals gets the Gonootropics golden seal of approval.

I’ve tried 2 different strands in both capsule & powder/crushed leaf forms and felt absolutely nothing. I did buy it from head shops & not online which I know is stupid. Do you think it’s possible to not feel anything?
(07-07-2019, 11:58 PM)Shannon11 Wrote: I’ve tried 2 different strands in both capsule & powder/crushed leaf forms and felt absolutely nothing. I did buy it from head shops & not online which I know is stupid. Do you think it’s possible to not feel anything?

Shannon, my first thoughts are that I'd never trust Kratom from a head shop. That's not to say there aren't shops out there with good product, but it's hard to know what you're getting. The best test is ordering some online from a reliable vendor and starting off with 3 - 5 grams. I'd be surprised if you didn't feel anything after 5 grams of some good Kratom.
I can recommend https://www.yourleafyourlife.com
Also
https://www.shopketum.com
I had good results with both