Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mineral Wheel
If any of you supplement with certain minerals be mindful that elevated levels of one specific mineral can deplete others. Graphic below shows you the relationship of popular minerals. You can see high levels of both Zinc and Copper deplete each other. Magnesium and Calcium also deplete one another and must be kept in balance. 

[Image: Mineral-Wheel.jpg]
Easy to overlook the basics at times. Definitely gonna pick up some Zinc and Magnesium. Experimented with ZMA a while ago, think I heard about it in a bodybuilding forum actually. I remember it made dreams super vivid.
Really wish I could figure it my constant exhaustion. No doubt it's some kind of deficiency. Then again I pretty much don't eat healthy so I can't complain although I do try my best. Not terribly overweight or old but for sure diet and nutrition play a part.
(04-14-2020, 12:11 AM)Fallon Wrote: If any of you supplement with certain minerals be mindful that elevated levels of one specific mineral can deplete others. Graphic below shows you the relationship of popular minerals. You can see high levels of both Zinc and Copper deplete each other. Magnesium and Calcium also deplete one another and must be kept in balance. 

That’s interesting!!  I wonder if there are any supplements that are available that would give you all these minerals in a “balanced” way to make sure you get enough of each without disrupting the other etc?
(06-01-2020, 08:50 AM)Anthony McCollim Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 12:11 AM)Fallon Wrote: If any of you supplement with certain minerals be mindful that elevated levels of one specific mineral can deplete others. Graphic below shows you the relationship of popular minerals. You can see high levels of both Zinc and Copper deplete each other. Magnesium and Calcium also deplete one another and must be kept in balance. 

That’s interesting!!  I wonder if there are any supplements that are available that would give you all these minerals in a “balanced” way to make sure you get enough of each without disrupting the other etc?

What you're talking about is basically a multi vitamin but in order to get what I call Therapeutic effects you need to supplement with single minerals in doses much higher than what's in the multi. It's good to know if you're dosing high on something, to be aware of what you could be depleting. Or if your diet is very high in something, making sure to include more of what it's depleting.