Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racetam Side Effects
Below is a list of side effects I've personally experienced using various racetams. Post your own and let's see if we can get a decent thread going!

Piracetam - low blood pressure, dizziness upon standing, irritability, headaches (very rarely)

Aniracetam - Memory blanks (can't remember certain specific details at times. The only racetam where I get significant problems with memory recall. Noopept also produces similar memory glitches)

Phenylpiracetam - Insomnia, slightly depleted energy levels the day after

Fasoracetam - Blunted mood after continuous use

Oxiracetam - Blunted emotions, irritability slightly worse than Piracetam

I would consider all of these very minor side effects. In terms of the benefits, the positive aspects of using racetams outweigh the negative.
Great post Fallon I have experience tingling and numbness in my arms and legs shortness of breath especially from noopept to the point I cannot use noopept anymore it's not worth the side effects I don't know if anyone else has this but every time I take noopept when I lay down at night I don't know if it's an anxiety attack or if it's real but I have shortness of breath tingling and numbness in my arms and legs and sometimes I feel like I'm going to lose consciousness besides noopept I experienced the same side effects as you do Fallon with racetams
Both Piracetam and Ani somehow produce the most vivid and lucid dreams ever. I like taking them at night for this reason specifically. Am I hallucinating these effects or is this something well known?
(04-01-2020, 08:10 AM)Madcabby Wrote: Both Piracetam and Ani somehow produce the most vivid and lucid dreams ever. I like taking them at night for this reason specifically. Am I hallucinating these effects or is this something well known?

During REM sleep Acetylcholine activity is very high while activity of other neurotransmitters is low. REM is the sleep cycle associated with rapid eye movements and dreams, crucial for encoding memories. Piracetam is more than likely increasing this activity resulting in more intense dreams.
Yes blood pressure problems for me and dizziness! Glad to see others experiencing the same.
Can't say I've had any side effects to report with racetams but then again I don't get a lot of value out of them. Phenylpiracetam seems to be the only one that consistently worked for my brain. Aniracetam may have lowered my anxiety slightly but probably just Placebo, as was reading about it prior to taking. Phenylpiracetam though....blast off! My favorite racetam for sure. Need to give fasoracetam a try, head its good for anxiety and all that. If I got any side effect from Phenyl it might of been feeling a little tired and lethargic once everything wore off. Mild side effects if any.