Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Lab Mind Review
[Image: opti-nutra-performance-lab-mind.jpg]
In this post I'm talking about a satellite product of the popular Nootropics company Opti Nutra. Many of you are familiar with Mind Lab Pro, probably the most widely used pre made Nootropics stack second only to maybe Alpha Brain. I've expressed my thoughts on most of these pre made stacks before...and I generally do not have good things to say about them. In my video review of Qualia I talk about how these stacks have too many ingredients and are not tailored to your specific and unique biology.

I have the same complaints with Mind Lab Pro, although I think it's still a better stack than Qualia. The company reached out to me to review Mind Lab Pro but I declined, not wanting to review something I knew would be a poorly optimized fit for me.

They reached out again this time speaking of a stripped down version of Mind Lab Pro called Mind. Opti Nutra has a satellite company called Performance Lab where they make other types of supplements, not necessarily Nootropic related.

I looked at the stripped down version and was actually impressed with the stack. It had only 4 ingredients, all of which were solid ingredients and synergistic with each other. I like to keep stacks basic, you generally do not need a ton of Nootropics to achieve decent cognitive results. 

The ingredients in Mind are simple:

• Citicoline 250mg
  • Phosphatidylserine 100mg
  • N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 300mg
  • Maritime Pine Bark Extract 75mg
It's a very Dopamine oriented stack. Stimulating, energizing, and good focus and general well being. 

The Citicoline contributes to Acetylcholine function in the brain through the Choline component. In the body, Citicoline is converted to both Choline and Uridine. Choline is a powerful memory and cognitive booster and Uridine up regulates the Dopamine system and increases the density of Dopamine receptors. If you have low Dopamine, this increases your sensitivity to the little amount you have floating around in the brain. Citicoline is a compound I recommend for Depression, brain fog, and an overall lack of zest for life. It's a game changer for some individuals and can light the brain up like a Christmas tree.

Phosphatidylserine increases the efficiency of signalling between cells and functions as an overall neuroprotective compound. 

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is a precursor to Dopamine. Once again, this is a very Dopaminergic stack. This is something I already take on a somewhat regular basis. L Tyrosine is powerful stuff in its own right. 

Maritime Pine Bark Extract increases blood flow to the brain and has a role in the production of Nitric Oxide. Good blood flow is essential for overall cognitive health. 

Overall I found the stack motivating and energizing. It's probably the best pre made stack I've come across. It synergizes nicely with racetams and provides impressive effects on overall motivation and drive to focus and get stuff done. 

While I cannot recommend crazy pre made stacks like Qualia, I can recommend Performance Lab Mind. I'll definetely keep a bottle around for those lazy days when I don't feel like weighing out a ton of powder. It's got a good kick for sure. 

>>>Check it out here.<<<

Video Review

I've tried this stack without the maritime pine bark extract, and it was pretty decent. I'm not a fan of premade stacks either, I like having the ability to throw something out if needed, and on top of that they're just too expensive.
Saw the vid on this today. Do you recommend this over Alpha Brain or original Mind Lab Pro formula?

MC
Alpha brain is $79 bucks right now on Amazon? MLP is also not cheap to buy either. They all want you to sign up and subscribe for monthly auto ships it appears, think I'll stick with my regulars.
Alpha Brain is a similar stack to some degree but includes Alpha GPC instead of CDP Choline. It also has more ingredients. Generally I prefer to keep stacks to a bare minimum. Also if I'm going to take a Choline source I prefer CDP Choline over Alpha GPC. And yes, these stacks are expensive indeed. With the 72 hour half life of CDP Choline you can get away with a lot less frequency as one dose lasts a long time. It's like a 1 - 2 times a week stack.