Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ketogenic Diet
I have tried just about every nootropic, but none has been comparable to the nootropic effect of the ketogenic diet at least on my brain in particular. As someone who has struggled with anxiety, depression, and brain fog it has reduced these symptoms by 80% and I am now looking forward to social situations and it was only two weeks ago prior to starting the ketogenic diet that I feared such situations. I have not felt so alive since my freshman year of high school during which time I began to suffer such symptoms. The ketogenic diet consists of fat and protein consumption (Basis: 70% Fat, 25% Protein, 5% Carbs) with extremely minimal carb and sugar consumption. So this diet is gluten-free and basically sugar-free as well and two such compounds are known to be very detrimental to mental health. Please research further into this for yourselves if you suffer from similar issues to myself. I am sure this diet can help with a great multitude of health issues. I am no longer using nootropics so I won't be on this site too much anymore, but I wish everyone the best of health, after all as cliche as it sounds "your health is your wealth." (You will crave carbs like they're crack for a few days and sugar as well, but you have to be mentally strong and avoid these urges if you want to make a true change for the better.)
Nice. I briefly tried it a while back and also noticed positive results. I find it hard to maintain weight though especially with cycling everywhere I go. I have no doubt that sugar and carbs are toxic to the brain in the ways we consume them in the modern world. keto is something I've been thinking of going back to for testing purposes. The main problem I found is the difficulty of staying consistent, especially when my roommates constantly have carb heavy meals around.

What are your go to foods?
It's definitely extremely difficult at first. Your body takes time to adjust to it, but I think that if you can get through first two weeks you'll be just fine. I just remind myself of how I will feel if I cheat on the diet and if you really want the change you will resist the urges. For breakfast I have 4 organic eggs cooked in grass-fed or coconut oil along with some organic ground turkey or bacon that isn't treated with all of the usual bullshit. I also have bulletproof coffee. Then for my second meal I have chicken thighs, wings, beef, lamb, salmon cooked in a good amount of oil and sometimes add in more eggs. Most of the stuff is grass-fed/organic that I use, but I am sure you can achieve great results without. You can find a lot on youtube about the diet as I am not very experienced as of now. I am sure that I will have some trial and error ahead of me. But seriously, if you suffer from some of the issues that I mentioned highly consider it for at least a month to see how it will make you feel and if you cannot do that I would really try to go gluten-free. A google search will show you detrimental modern gluten products are to your health. 
Nice. I briefly tried it a while back and also noticed positive results. I find it hard to maintain weight though especially with cycling everywhere I go. I have no doubt that sugar and carbs are toxic to the brain in the ways we consume them in the modern world. keto is something I've been thinking of going back to for testing purposes. The main problem I found is the difficulty of staying consistent, especially when my roommates constantly have carb heavy meals around.

By the way I don't by that expensive Bulletproof brand of coffee, I do it myself with just simple coconut oil, grass-fed butter (kerrygold brand), and try to pick whatever decent coffee is on sale. I load up on the organic eggs when they go on sale since they are good for 3 weeks usually. I also buy whatever organic/grass-fed meats are on sale as there's almost always one of those that I listed in the initial reply available at a decently reduced price which ends up being comparable to the grain fed bullshit. Avocados are a huge one as well that I forgot to mention as they go great along with some eggs and sausage or bacon or whatever else you like. Some suggest to avoid dairy at first since it can be inflammatory, but I've been consuming it and I feel amazing nonetheless. Give it a try man! It will pay off greatly for you. Embrace the process as it is great for mental discipline!

One more thing! You can add much more fat as I have kind of been going overboard on the protein from what I've read when comparing myself to others. I like weights though and have a pretty decent physique so I do require more protein and the gains that have come since starting this diet have been tremendous.
It's definitely extremely difficult at first. Your body takes time to adjust to it, but I think that if you can get through first two weeks you'll be just fine. I just remind myself of how I will feel if I cheat on the diet and if you really want the change you will resist the urges. For breakfast I have 4 organic eggs cooked in grass-fed or coconut oil along with some organic ground turkey or bacon that isn't treated with all of the usual bullshit. I also have bulletproof coffee. Then for my second meal I have chicken thighs, wings, beef, lamb, salmon cooked in a good amount of oil and sometimes add in more eggs. Most of the stuff is grass-fed/organic that I use, but I am sure you can achieve great results without. You can find a lot on youtube about the diet as I am not very experienced as of now. I am sure that I will have some trial and error ahead of me. But seriously, if you suffer from some of the issues that I mentioned highly consider it for at least a month to see how it will make you feel and if you cannot do that I would really try to go gluten-free. A google search will show you detrimental modern gluten products are to your health. 

By the way I don't buy that expensive Bulletproof brand of coffee, I do it myself with just simple coconut oil, grass-fed butter (kerrygold brand), and try to pick whatever decent coffee is on sale. I load up on the organic eggs when they go on sale since they are good for 3 weeks usually. I also buy whatever organic/grass-fed meats are on sale as there's almost always one of those that I listed in the initial reply available at a decently reduced price which ends up being comparable to the grain fed bullshit. Avocados are a huge one as well that I forgot to mention as they go great along with some eggs and sausage or bacon or whatever else you like. Some suggest to avoid dairy at first since it can be inflammatory, but I've been consuming it and I feel amazing nonetheless. Give it a try man! It will pay off greatly for you. Embrace the process as it is great for mental discipline!
Haha, I have been buying Kerrygolds butter for years! I think I'll give it a 2 week trial run. To me it makes sense considering humans have lived off primarily meat based diets since the caveman days. Only recently have the grains and sugars been introduced at such insane amounts, and it could have a lot to do with obesity, anxiety, and depression. It's also a good way to figure out a lot of stuff you are allergic to. You can slowly start introducing things like dairy and gluten to see if it really does effect you negatively. Thanks for the info.
Good luck brother! I know it will do you well!