Nootropics Forum

Full Version: KRATOM: 7/10 (POLL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Overall I find Kratom to be both very functional and recreational. In lower doses (1-3 grams) it puts me in relaxed and chill head space, making menial and repetitive tasks much easier to complete. In the higher doses (4-8 grams) it becomes less of a nootropic and more of a recreational substance. I've also tried the Kratom extracts sold at smoke shops and those feel like I just took a Vicodin. 

The only downsides to taking Kratom beside the taste is the multitude of vendors and strains, each brand and strain of Kratom I've tried is different from the other, so its hard to get a consistent result. From what I understand, Green strains of Kratom have more of a stimulant effect, Red strains are more sedating, and the Whites are somewhere in between. Recently I've been impressed with Earth Kratom Organic White Maeng Da. 

I left a poll below, what strain of Kratom is your favorite?
have you tried Whole Herbs Maeng Da? i haven't tried the white, but the green and red are consistently strong. i've heard some batches from less reputable sources have tested positive for hydrocodone lol, seems like that would be more expensive to produce than just good kratom tho. i'll have to check out the Earth Kratom Organic, i like the whites! i was under the impression that white was more stimulating and green was inbetween, maybe i'm wrong tho. they all come from the same plant, the vein color just indicates maturity, white is young, green is middle age, and red is ripe. good stuff tho
I like me a good red vein strain for relaxing. It's true what they say about the strains... reds are more calming and greens and whites have more energy but I find less difference between greens and whites...every white I've gotten is green powder...reds are the only ones you can tell apart, more of a reddish brownish hue.
(06-13-2020, 09:20 PM)Liquid02 What is your favorite Red Strain? The greens are good for productivity but I want to try something more relaxing. Wrote: [ -> ]I like me a good red vein strain for relaxing. It's true what they say about the strains... reds are more calming and greens and whites have more energy but I find less difference between greens and whites...every white I've gotten is green powder...reds are the only ones you can tell apart, more of a reddish brownish hue.
Green all the way
(06-14-2020, 01:29 PM)BermudaHighways Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2020, 09:20 PM)Liquid02 What is your favorite Red Strain? The greens are good for productivity but I want to try something more relaxing. Wrote: [ -> ]I like me a good red vein strain for relaxing. It's true what they say about the strains... reds are more calming and greens and whites have more energy but I find less difference between greens and whites...every white I've gotten is green powder...reds are the only ones you can tell apart, more of a reddish brownish hue.

I use a strain called red dragon although I've found I like Maeng Da alot too. Honestly not sure if the names mean anything at all.
I tried a lot of different Strains like Borneo, Bali, Malay, Sumatra and Thai Maeng Da and my favourite all-around is Thai Maeng Da white strain.
The differences in strains is smaller than the difference in vein colour.

The red strains are more sedating and relaxing for me while the white ones are more energetic. But this also depends a lot on how much you take. I can'T really talk about green strains.

1-4g is more energetic, or at least not sedating. 5g+ is more sedating and 10g+ is really more of a dowing pain pill for me.