Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAC and L Theanine Stack + Coffee
Lately I've had extremely good success with N Acetyl Cysteine. It's been a personal game changer and something I will probably take regularly until I see a good reason not to. I've found it almost completely smooths out morning anxiety and intrusive thoughts related to what I have to do for the day. As an example, I will usually have some anxiety thinking about the stuff I have to do, especially if those projects involve talking to people, or projects/activities with many unknown variables. My mind also extrapolates far into the future and generally sees only the negatives of a situation without thinking about the good that could come. I've gotten pretty good at recognizing these flaws in my thinking and can quickly snap out of most of them, but NAC takes things to the next level. The intrusive thoughts almost stop completely and I have more control over how I choose to think about something.

In the mornings, I also love coffee but the caffeine completely sky rockets my anxiety. L-Theanine is a must anytime I drink coffee. Many of you are familiar with L-Theanines synergistic properties with Caffeine. It completely smooths out the Caffeine jitters and makes the experience actually enjoyable.

The NAC + L-Theanine + Coffee in the morning is truly a thing of glory. The decrease in anxiety is notable and the positive effects of the coffee are enjoyed. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't seem to gain tolerance to caffeine. Everytime I drink coffee I pretty much get the same level of effects. I don't overdo it. 1 - 2 cups in the morning at the most. My uncle will easily drink 1 - 2 POTS of coffee and also smoke a pack of Marlboro Reds in a day. WOW! When he comes to visit the family my mom immediately sets out a giant ash tray and buys a ton of coffee, also stocking the fridge with Pepsi, his second favorite beverage he drinks all day. Now that's a stack.

The NAC and L-Theanine can be quite sedating and thus benefits from caffeine or some other stimulant. I will no doubt throw in some Phenylpiracetam to this stack and gauge the results.

Right now I'm taking 1000mg of NAC + 400mg of L-Theanine. This seems to be a good dosage range for now.
Sounds like a healthy and sustainable stack. I think that many of these basic and subtle substances actually help individuals in the long run rather than providing a quick jolt. I am anxious to hear about your two week keto experience maybe on top of this stack? I know that you will be flabbergasted by the results!
Today is day 1 on keto. Had 3 eggs with some zucchini fried in coconut oil for lunch and then a piece of steak wrapped in lettuce just now for dinner. You definitely feel less bloated on keto foods and you don't feel nearly as tired after eating. My body is craving carbs for sure though...and there are carbs and sweets all over the house LOL.

I read keto can help anxiety by converting more Glutamate into Gaba, something to do with the process of burning ketones for energy rather than glucose. It's interesting stuff, I'll see how I feel at the end of the trial.
Fallon believe it or not: if you are on Keto you gonna see some decrease power when you are riding your bike. Just look at the best bike riders, those people riding up mountains at Le Tour de France. Ask them: they will all say the same thing: they load up on CARBS.

I also have a road bike, if I am not loaded , especially on a hot day in Thailand, I am gonna be fucked up while I ride up mountains with 5-15% elevation
(08-06-2019, 07:42 PM)AlphaBanana Wrote: Fallon believe it or not: if you are on Keto you gonna see some decrease power when you are riding your bike. Just look at the best bike riders, those people riding up mountains at Le Tour de France. Ask them: they will all say the same thing: they load up on CARBS.

I also have a road bike, if I am not loaded , especially on a hot day in Thailand, I am gonna be fucked up while I ride up mountains with 5-15% elevation

Definitely. I would never do keto if I was endurance training. It's day 3 and I can feel it in my overall power output especially uphills. Overall I'm cutting back on the longer rides as I've found faster paced endurance rides really jack my anxiety way up. Probably elevated levels of cortisol for long periods of time. You also look at a lot of these endurance trainers and they don't look healthy, Chris Froome for example and many of the other pro cyclists/marathon runners. As much as I enjoyed pushing the limits I had to cut back. I was also losing more weight than I wanted and had to constantly eat, I was down to 140 lbs at one point. At 5'11 I feel better around 150. 

I have no doubt that sugar/carbs are the best for performance training but I found carbs, especially certain carbs like grains, breads, and pasta really slow the brain down. After a keto meal I'm still slightly hungry but I don't feel like crashing on the couch afterwards like I usually do after high carb.

I watch a guy named Durian Rider on YouTube who is all about carbs and cycling. I agree with him that sugar and carbs don't make you fat but you have to be burning them constantly. If an average sedentary person ate high carb high sugar a lot of the calories would be converted to fat unless they exercised. I think a lot of health problems like Diabetes and brain problems come from combining a ton of carbs/fat together and then basically sitting around all day.

I cannot say I will do the keto forever but I'm probably going to keep it up for the next couple weeks or so.