Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus
In 2019 there are no major wars. I forget who, but someone coined the idea that our generation is going through a spiritual war. There are more scatter brained people than you could possibly count and many individuals feel they lack purpose and direction. Social media rules their life and depression sinks in deep as you scroll deeper and deeper through Facebook and Instagram feeds. It would appear as the Great Banksy said, "all the fun is happening somewhere else." 

The solutions to life are simple but also complicated. It's a paradox of sorts and you must sort it out in your head. The simple solution to this constant stream of information is absolute focus and purpose. Focus means adjusting the lens of your perception to allow in only the things you feel are important. When something is in focus it means everything else is blurry. The key to surviving in this new wild wild west is absolute focus.

Many people ask, "what are the best Nootropics for focus?"

I think they lack an understanding of what focus is. What they are really saying is, which Nootropics will allow me to work for long periods at a time without checking social media. What they are asking for is an almost impossible request. The problem is not focus but a problem of addiction and lack of purpose. When someone is addicted to alcohol you would not say they have a focus problem. When you give up an addiction you must replace it with something else to fill the vacuum, otherwise the mind goes crazy. You must know where you are going, and what you want. I'm talking about deep purpose.

Before you fuel up the car isn't it ideal to know where you are going? A general sense of the path ahead? Otherwise, you are wasting gas. In life, time is limited. Time is something you will never get back. It should not be wasted. Not even the best stacks can give man more time. All you can do is focus relentlessly on the things that matter most. This means blocking out the crap (social media) and adjusting your lens of perception on the things you find valuable. Make everything else blurry. Make it so blurry as to be an unrecognizable blob of nonsense. 

The spoils of life will go to the men and women who can drown out the constant noise of social media and focus on their craft, their values, their family, and their legacy. Those who cannot manage to focus or find purpose will drift aimlessly like a leaf in the wind. They will become an NPC (non player character.) They will bend to the will of someone elses purpose. This is how the average person will exist. Average people will go on to live average lives, and with the coming age of automation the average existence is not going to be a pretty one. 

Learning to focus means programming your own brain, thinking for yourself, and disregarding the constant onslaught of everyone elses values. 

It is of immense value to spend some time thinking about what you want, and then learning to focus on that. 

Because consider the alternative....not good!