Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else battle anxiety daily?
Wink 
Hi folks

Any anxiety/Social Anxiety sufferers?

I have had this b*tch of a problem for as far back as i can remember.

If someone doesn't suffer anxiety then they don't understand how it can affect your day to day life. I have sat and explained to my partner just how it can feel to suffer this every day. She genuinely couldn't understand that it can really be as bad as how it is described. Even doing a walk to a shop use to be a challenge for me as i thought everyone in cars would be staring and judging. You would hear a laugh and think it's aimed at you.

It really is a horrid illness but..  Over time i have managed to get it more balanced and can have mostly good days rather than bad ones now. 

Anyone else battle it daily?

This is why i went down the nootropics route. My Doctor just loaded me up on anti depressants and benzo's and your just *Numb* a complete emotionless person that just becomes robot. I'm sure these med's will be a god send for some but i just never felt like *me* on them.

I stopped all those med's and eventually just used nootropics. Tried all the usuals. Ashwaghanda ' Rhodiola Rosea etc. Even though their mild... You still feel *alive* and normal with these and they do help as long as your patient and let them work.

How does everyone else deal with their Anxiety? Are you a nootropics user?

I would say the biggest relief was from... Exercising. This made my life 100x better. Exercise is a powerful *drug*. It's free and very good for you overall. You will feel a huge boost in dopamine from exercise and over time it works magic.

Post your daily struggles and how you also manage them.

Thanks guys
omg I can totally relate to feeling weird walking down the street! I feel people look at me and laugh when I cross the crosswalk. Exercise helps to not overthink. I take phenibut on occasion which helps! I also freak out if I have to wait in line with other ppl or if I'm in a quiet waiting room with others. Nerve wracking. I do my best to get through it and breath deeply.

Hope that helps because your not alone!
Etifoxine..... Very interesting drug/medication

Just had a read about it and it's mechanism of action.

Seems to hit the Gaba A receptor but very different from Benzodiazepines... But is similar in structure. Doesn't cause the classic tiredness that Benzo's can cause

Seems a very helpful medication tbh. I have personally used Diazepam at very low doses and yes it works but i just feel a slight tiredness all day. Also the withdrawals can be a b*tch.

Be interesting to see how you feel about this? If you can report back that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and good luck! I hope it helps
So I suffered from anxiety for as far as i can remember its been a never ending battle and I have tried many different options start out using benzos and it was effective but I had to keep increasing the dose every so often then I eventually maxed out on 4 xanax bars a day then that became ineffective starting have percepatative withdrawal in between doses finally that ended up putting me in detox and it was horrible I had post acute withdrawal for 6 months so basically I tried numerous non narcotic medications and they never really helped much started smoking marijuana and honestly it was one of the most effective ways but I can't smoke weed all the time so basically now I am trying nootropics and phenibut is great for anxiety but please don't take more than 3 Times a week because I been also physically dependent to it and the withdrawal is just as bad as benzos so basically I am taking phenabut 3 times a week and the 4 days I have found fasoracetam to be very effective so for me cycling between phenibut and fasoracetam has been very effective and that's my current treatment and its going good hope this will help somebody
One stack I plan on experimenting with is a basic GABA + L-Arginine + Niacin stack. It's commonly said that GABA does not cross the blood brain barrier. That is only somewhat true and doesn't mean you can't get value out of taking Gaba. You have Gaba receptors all throughout your body not just in your brain. Gaba taken alone is effective for some people. Gaba taken alongside Nitric Oxide boosters like Arginine and Niacine increase Gabas ability to cross into the brain. Studies show a 300% increase in brain concentrations of Gaba when it is taken alongside Arginine. I would check it out if you're looking for a natural anxiety stack.

Theoretically increasing Nitric Oxide should make Phenibut and other Gaba drugs much more potent, although these compounds don't have the same problems crossing the BBB which is why they are so effective. Worth experimenting none the less. Perhaps you could get away with much smaller doses.

The study is here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11849830
This anxiety thing is very relative...
Since a teen I dealt with, I guess what is called "thoughtbroadcasting" ...I feel like others around me can hear/feel/read what I'm thinking. There are times that I will skip saying things because I think everyone already knows what is on my mind. I feel like my life is one big joke the majority of the time. Even watching live tv can trigger things and I get up and leave the room.

This behavior may or may not be from substance abuse. I have kinda gotten used to it. That's the whole reason I got into nootropics and alike. Kratom seems to help the most for me right now but I am trying to get a daily stack or method to not use kratom as a crutch.