Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adderall vs Nootropics
The other day I received a number of different products in the mail, one of them being a single 30mg Adderall tablet. (more on this vendor in a later review.) This post is not so much a review rather than a comparison between Adderall and common nootropics like Piracetam, Phenylpiracetam, and Modafinil. 

I was stoked to try it as it's been a good while since I've taken Adderall. Most of my experience with Adderall was in high school and partially through college. Despite it being a popular drug for "studying" I mostly used it recreationally to stay up all night. Growing older I now like to see payoffs from the compounds I put into my body. If I'm going to take something like Adderall I want to be productive, get work done, and make money. 

On this particular day I had a lot of things on my projects list, the perfect day to test the metal. I took the 30mg peach colored tablet around 11am and started feeling the initial effects by 11:30am. 

By 12pm my brain was buzzing with that signature rush of Dopamine. I went into the kitchen to make coffee. Conversing with my roommate was much easier, normally I try to limit interactions as much as possible so I can get work done but I sat there and listened to her talk, maybe for an entire half hour. It was easy to just chill and pay attention to what was in front of me. 

I sat down at the computer to get some work done and then I had a strange realization. I actually felt sedated. I was perfectly content just sitting in the chair. I pulled up an in depth article on Adderall to study how it worked in the brain. People with ADHD will generally feel much calmer on Adderall while individuals with normal functioning Dopamine systems will feel wired. (oh know, my brain don't work right!!!) 

Now this was the interesting part. I sat down to write expecting the ideas to just flow out of my brain but they didn't come. I actually felt slightly dumber. I was just so chill sitting there in the chair but my brain was having a hard time processing complex pieces of information. However, I could take notes, sit in a chair, and listen to someone ramble on for hours without any irritation on my part. 

Based on my studies and direct experience with Adderall, I have come to the conclusion that Adderall is effective for mindless tasks like note taking, sitting still, and paying attention. It does not however turn the brain into a supercomputer. In fact, Adderall will dampen overall creativity and limit the flow of complex ideas. 

I turned to my stash of Phenylpiracetam and apologized profusely for this shameful infidelity. Here I was thinking Adderall was at the top when it comes to brain performance enhancement but I was totally wrong. 

If you need to process complex information and think abstractly, Adderall is the last compound you want to take. It's good for robotic tasks. You know, the stuff that will bore you to tears but even a child could do it type stuff. 

You are much better off on a Phenylpiracetam/Modafinil stack, or even a basic Piracetam + Coffee + L-Theanine stack. 

Adderall is Euphoric, sure. But so is Phenibut. I would argue Phenibut and Modafinil comes very close to mimicking the effects of Adderall, lasts longer, and is much cheaper. At least with the Phenibut and Modafinil combo you can think outside of the box.

Adderall has its place but I would limit its usage only to times when your projects involve mind numbing, monotonous/repetitive tasks. If your job is mind numbing/repetitive...consider a change in career!
Adderall was next to free for me when I deceived my doctor into thinking that I had ADD. I used it for two months, but then realized that I was destroying my brain and body. It just floods the brain with dopamine so one thinks that he or she is accomplishing much more than he or she actually is. Horrible, horrible stuff, stay away from this substance people!
The main situation for me is I tend to have a bad attitude. Basically social anxiety type stuff. Sometimes I get angry inside just because I see and hear other people around me talking, laughing, joking around, just having a good time. I feel bad for feeling this way.
I acquired a few amphetamine IR tabs, and decided to take a few while at work, I think it was 20mg. I wasn't expecting much and then it hit me. All of the sudden it felt as if I belong right in the spot where i was, I normally have this background feeling of dread and depression anger type stuff in my head. All of that was gone, I didn't feel rushed or speedy it was more of a clarity. I also noticed I could very easily talk to people I usually either avoid or give them my shit attitude. I really dont like being that way it comes out of nowhere and then I regret what I did.
I wish I could feel that kind of
clarity feeling more often. Phenibut and other stimulative nootropics come close....
Alcar+ phenylpiracetam+ caffeine + theanine is what I usually turn to.
Kratom also lightens my mood but i has a circular dose pattern that takes some thinking at least for me anyway
(07-21-2019, 06:13 PM)frenzycat Wrote: The main situation for me is I tend to have a bad attitude. Basically social anxiety type stuff. Sometimes I get angry inside just because I see and hear other people around me talking, laughing, joking around, just having a good time. I feel bad for feeling this way.
I acquired a few amphetamine IR tabs, and decided to take a few while at work, I think  it was 20mg. I wasn't expecting much and then it hit me. All of the sudden it felt as if I belong right in the spot where i was, I normally have this background feeling of dread and depression anger type stuff in my head. All of that was gone, I didn't feel rushed or speedy it was more of a clarity. I also noticed I could very easily talk to people I usually either avoid or give them my shit attitude. I really dont like being that way it comes out of nowhere and then I regret what I did.
I wish I could feel that kind of
clarity feeling more often. Phenibut and other stimulative nootropics come close....
Alcar+ phenylpiracetam+ caffeine + theanine is what I usually turn to.
Kratom also lightens my mood but i has a circular dose pattern that takes some thinking at least for me anyway

Good stimulants certainly make socializing more tolerable. The boost in Dopamine makes almost everything more enjoyable. You should check out L-Tyrosine, it's nowhere close to stimulants like Adderall but it does provide a nice subtle/energizing boost in Dopamine. Works well with Caffeine and Phenylpiracetam.